Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This aromatic side dish would be welcome alongside almost anything off the grill. For an even more authentic taste, add 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns. To turn this dish into a main course, stir-fry 1/2 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp for 3 minutes before adding the pea shoots - serve it over cooked brown rice.
- cooking spray
- 3 medium garlic cloves, slivered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb pea shoots, cut into fairly large bunches, then rinsed but not dried
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large wok or skillet with cooking spray; set over high heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry for 30 seconds, just until garlic begins to brown around its edges.
- Add pea shoots; stir-fry until they begin to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce and vinegar; toss as mixture comes to a bubble. Serve at once.