1/5 Photos of Sichuan Orange Chicken - America's Test Kitchen
Debbie R.'s Note:
Haven't made it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup juice (from 3 oranges)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1Whisk hoisin, orange zest and juice in bowl.
- 2Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat 1 T. oil in large nonstick skillet over med-hi heat until just smoking. Cook half of the chicken until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with another 1 T. oil and rest of chicken.
- 4Add remaining oil and bell pepper to empty skillet. Cook over medium heat until just softened, about 3 minutes. Clear center of skillet. Add garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook, mashing garlic mixture into pan, until fragrant about 30 seconds. Stir garlic mixture into bell pepper.
- 5Add hoisin mixture and simmer until sauce has thickened, 3- 5 minutes. Add scallions and chicken, along with any accumulated juices and toss to combine.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sichuan Orange Chicken - America's Test Kitchen
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 333.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: