Haven't made it yet.
Make and share this Sichuan Orange Chicken - America's Test Kitchen recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup juice (from 3 oranges)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Whisk hoisin, orange zest and juice in bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 T. oil in large nonstick skillet over med-hi heat until just smoking. Cook half of the chicken until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with another 1 T. oil and rest of chicken.
- Add remaining oil and bell pepper to empty skillet. Cook over medium heat until just softened, about 3 minutes. Clear center of skillet. Add garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook, mashing garlic mixture into pan, until fragrant about 30 seconds. Stir garlic mixture into bell pepper.
- Add hoisin mixture and simmer until sauce has thickened, 3- 5 minutes. Add scallions and chicken, along with any accumulated juices and toss to combine.