Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Szechuan pepper is one of the flavors in this dish. Another name for it is prickly ash and it is also used in Indian dishes. Warning, it will make your mouth salivate, but it gets addictive. Another great recipe from Yo Yee.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sichuan pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Put tofu on a plate to drain.
- Smash garlic and mix with everything except tofu and cilantro.
- Pour water from the tofu plate and pour the sauce over the tofu.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve chilled or at room temperature.