Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This classic Sichuan recipe for green beans gets an Italian twist when prepared with pancetta an Italian seasoning.:) I tweaked this recipe a bit here and there - originally found on the McCormick web site. These are great with any chicken, fish or steak dish with a nice bottle of wine relaxing!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pancetta or 1⁄2 cup prosciutto
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix soy sauce, water, sherry, sugar, Chinese five spice, red pepper & Italian seasoning, in small bowl & set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok on high heat.
- Add pancetta; cook and stir until crisp.
- Remove pancetta with slotted spoon.
- Add green beans to skillet; cook and stir 6 to 9 minutes or until greens beans start to brown.
- Stir soy sauce mixture into skillet.
- Add garlic, pancetta and sesame oil; cook and stir 2 minutes.