Recipe by Rose's Granddaughter
This is just a cold version of my Hot Cocoa for PMS that I have listed. This sweet dessert beverage is rich in calcium, magnesium and potassium, all which are thought to help relieve PMS symptoms. Other sources of nutrients are the antioxidant rich cocoa which is also high in fiber. The cocoa powder really curbs cravings. I already have this listed in my recipes under another name, but I wanted to give it an alternative title for PMS sufferers to find easily.
- 8 ounces plain soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or two teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa, hershey's powder
- 1⁄2 banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a blender: add all of the above ingredients.
- Pulse on and off until bleded to a nice creamy texture.
- Pour into a 16 ounce cup.
- It is recommended that you drink this twice a day during PMS, so use the other half of the banana at the end of the day.
- Regarding the fat and calories: your body actually burns more calories and fat during PMS, but due to bloating, women tend to diet during this sensitive phase.