Recipe by charlened
I don't know who SIBI is, thats the name of it in the magazine. Vegetarian times Nov 2004. The recipe works well with dried cranberries, blueberries or pitted sour cherries. Can be baked in an 8-inch pie plate or a 9-inch square pan.
Top Review by Healthy, Nutritious, Delicious
This is an Awesome dessert! It is also good with part dried cranberries and part dried cherries. It was a huge Thanksgiving hit the first year I made it (Nov 04 Vegetarian Times) and we've been loving it ever since!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs or 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375.
- grease pie plate/pan.
- beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until thick and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- fold in flour by hand.
- fold in cranberries and pecans.
- pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- bake 45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- serve hot or cold.