Recipe by shygirl
I learned this recipe from a friend who has a restaurant serving chinese food. I always take this to family gatherings and as soon as i leave it on the table, they are wiped out in five minutes!
Top Review by YungB
Hi Shygirl, I made this for a gathering and it was a hit. I love that it is easy to do do. But can you please clarify the amount of garlic please? I could not tell if you meant 1 clove or 1 whole head of garlic. Since I like garlic so I used 1 entired head/7 cloves and the shrimp was very garlicky which was still great but if just wanted to know the exact amount for future references. Thanks in advance.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 big red onion, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 lbs prawns, cleaned, back slit open
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok add in olive oil.
- Saute garlic in olive oil till fragrant.
- Add in onions, cook till soft.
- Dump in the green onions, 1 minute.
- Add in the minced red bell pepper.
- Pour in the oyster sauce, keep stirring.
- Add in the prawns and keep mixing to blend well.
- Let prawns ooze out its own oil.
- Add in chili last minute of cooking.
- Serve with piping hot rice.