Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I learned this recipe from a friend who has a restaurant serving chinese food. I always take this to family gatherings and as soon as i leave it on the table, they are wiped out in five minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 big red onion, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 lbs prawns, cleaned, back slit open
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 chilies
- Heat wok add in olive oil.
- Saute garlic in olive oil till fragrant.
- Add in onions, cook till soft.
- Dump in the green onions, 1 minute.
- Add in the minced red bell pepper.
- Pour in the oyster sauce, keep stirring.
- Add in the prawns and keep mixing to blend well.
- Let prawns ooze out its own oil.
- Add in chili last minute of cooking.
- Serve with piping hot rice.
Hi Shygirl, I made this for a gathering and it was a hit. I love that it is easy to do do. But can you please clarify the amount of garlic please? I could not tell if you meant 1 clove or 1 whole head of garlic. Since I like garlic so I used 1 entired head/7 cloves and the shrimp was very garlicky which was still great but if just wanted to know the exact amount for future references. Thanks in advance.
10 stars all the way! love love the flavors of chili and oyster sauce together! Truly exquisite! Thanks girl!
Excellent Dish! I made as directed except I used a red onion instead of a green onion. We served over rice. The sauce is very nice and very spicy which is what we like. Thanks shygirl. Made for Fall PAC 2008.