Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Had this first at a friends house and thought it was the best potato dish I have ever had. I guess it had been passed down from generations in their family. Really easy to make and everyone will love it.guaranteed:-)
- 2 lbs frozen potatoes (1 bag)
- 500 ml sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup graded onion
- 20 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups graded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Thaw potatoes.
- Mix together potatoes, sour cream, onion, mushroom soup and cheddar cheese.
- Place ingredients in 9*13 baking dish.
- Melt butter and pour over mixture, mix inches.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
These were excellent! My DH gave it 5 stars, and he never gives anything 5 stars. I used the frozen O'Brian Potatoes with the onion and green pepper added to it. The color was great. I also had a little Fontina cheese leftover and we put that on top. It melted so nicely and made a great cheese crust on top. Really good stuff. Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2008. Thanks :)