Recipe by Queen Dana
From gohawaii.about.com http://gohawaii.about.com/od/seafoodrecipes/r/shutome.htm
Top Review by Debbie R.
Outstanding! I didn't bother with clarifying the butter. I cooked it on medium heat, and the 3 minutes each side was perfect. The sauce is thin, but delicious. I used mahi mahi and about twice as many chopped macadmia nuts. My fish-hating husband liked it!
- 2 swordfish fillets (shutome)
- salt and white pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons macadamia nuts, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- butter or olive oil, for sauteing
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Season fish filets with salt and pepper.
- Brush filets with egg yolk and press nuts into both sides of the fish.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Sauté fish in butter or olive oil for approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add clarified butter, sherry and lemon juice to pan drippings.
- Heat and pour over fish.
- Serve immediately.