Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- In large saucepan, bring stock to a boil.
- Add lentils, tomatoes and garlic.
- Quarter 2 onions- add to lentil mixture.
- Chop remaining onion- set aside.
- Partially cover pan- simmer 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet.
- Add chopped onion- saute until light browned.
- Press lentil mixture though a sieve- or puree in blender or food processor.
- Reheat in saucepan- season with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour into a tureen or serve in individual bowls.
- Sprinkle sauteed onion over top.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Delicious! This soup has become a staple, I make it every two weeks and eat it all week. Tastes too good to be this healthy!
Tasted Awesome, Loved the Garlic, So much Fibre and so Healthy. Definitely making it Again!!
This is really good. I used homemade chicken stock, red lentils, tomato paste to be quicker (I didn't have regular fresh tomatoes). I used a bit extra garlic, & sea salt to taste. I may make this again.