Try this delicious breakfast or brunch dish utilizing home-made noodles with applesauce. If making your own noodles isn't an option, feel free to use store bought. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make noodles: beat eggs, add salt and as much flour as can be worked into the eggs to make the dough come away from the bowl easily.
- 2Knead well, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3Roll out thinly with as little flour on the rolling pin and board as possible; stretch and cut into 1-inch strips.
- 4Cook noodles in boiling salted water for approximately 7-10 minutes; drain.
- 5Fry in butter until golden.
- 6Add beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Cook slowly until eggs are firm.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shupp Noodles - Noodle Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.3
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 257.5 mg
- Sodium 470.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.7 g