1/3 Photos of Shumway Mansion Yummy Eggs
I was recently sent a very sweet "We miss you" card from friends that I appreciated very much. The well-wishings were on a card with a lovely country fireside photo of Shumway Mansion’s "Yummy Eggs" and included the quote: "Love and eggs are best when fresh." (A Russian proverb.) :) "One of the Northwest’s most outstanding ‘inner city’ bed and breakfasts is the award winning Shumway Mansion. Entirely furnished in period antiques, the 23 room home was built in 1909, winning the 1986 award from the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation. Overlooking Juanita Bay and only minutes from nature trails and jogging paths, the Shumway’s breakfasts are as legendary as the special dinners and wedding receptions set in the beautiful rose garden." Included on the back of the card was this recipe. Editor's Note: We received an update on the Shumway Mansion. "My family closed the Shumway Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn and Wedding Reception Center a couple of years ago and we are now converting Shumway Mansion into an Adult Family Home in Kirkland, Washington. Our new website is shumwaymansion.net We're looking forward to using many of my old B&B recipes for our new residents.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; butter a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- 2Sprinkle the cooked and crumbled bacon in the bottom of the pie plate, then sprinkle over the cheese.
- 3In a bowl mix together the eggs and milk, then pour the mixture over the bacon and cheese in the plate.
- 4Sprinkle the onions on top.
- 5Bake in 350 degree F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until set in center and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 6Cut into wedges, garnish with sour cream and chives, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shumway Mansion Yummy Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.0
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 224.3 mg
- Sodium 594.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: