1/2 Photos of Shu Cream (Japanese Cream Puff)
This is my modified version of the great tasting Shu Cream recipe (Japanese Cream Puff) that I got at About.com. Yum! *You can also use your own cream puff pastry and just use the custard cream I have here!
My Private Note
cream p ...
Units: US | Metric
For the cream puff
For the custard filling
- 1For the cream puff pastry:.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 3Beat eggs in a bowl. Set aside.
- 4On a pan in low heat, mix butter, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil.
- 5Bring back to low heat. Add flour and mix really quickly.
- 6Turn off heat. Add eggs and mix very well.
- 7Put mixture in a bag.
- 8Squeeze in mounds of 10-12 on wax paper lined pan.
- 9Bake for 20-30 minutes until the tips are a little brown.
- 10Cool puffs on rack when done.
- 11For the custard filling:.
- 12In a pan, mix eggs and sugar.
- 13Add the flour and mix well.
- 14Add warm milk gradually. Put on stove in low heat.
- 15Stir constantly until it thickens.
- 16Remove from heat. Melt butter and mix very, very well.
- 17Cool custard.
- 18If you have the injection, fill it with the custard cream and fill the puff pastry. If not, slice the puff pastry in half and fill lower half with the cream custard. Dust top with powdered sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shu Cream (Japanese Cream Puff)
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 102.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g