This is an interesting variation of a family favorite, a nice change from plain macaroni and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cook macaroni according.
- to package directions, drain well, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt 2 T butter over medium heat, add flour,.
- stirring constantly (1-2 minutes). Whisk in the milk and bring.
- to a boil. Cook until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from.
- heat and stir in cheese and cayenne pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss macaroni with cheese sauce, shrimp, and.
- bell pepper. Pour into lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover.
- with bread crumbs and drizzle on the 2T of melted butter.
- Bake uncovered until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serves 4-6.
Fixed this for our lunch and it was quite tasty. I did cut the recipe in half but otherwise followed the instructions. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.