Recipe by Clifford Boren
I threw this together last night from both a whim to create something unusual, and a desire to use up some old stuff in the pantry. Measurements are approximate, as I didn't measure exactly. You might try adding a little sherry or Marsalla to the sauce.
- 2 toasted English muffins, split
- Canadian bacon
- cheddar cheese slice
- 1 package hollandaise sauce mix
- 2 cups shrimp (thawed if you use frozen)
- walnuts or cashews
- 1 can peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Put muffins on plate and top with three slices Canadian bacon, and two slices of cheese.
- Prepare Hollandaise according to package directions.
- When sauce is made, add peas, spices, nuts and simmer for just a minute or two.
- Add shrimp to sauce and just warm them through.
- Don't cook very long as the shrimp will be tough.
- Ladle sauce generously over the muffins and serve.