Recipe by Ohmikeghod
I looked over all the posted "Shrimps on the Barbie" recipes posted, and didn't find any that were quite what I wanted to do. Therefore, I created my own easy take on the concept.
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 14.79 ml onion, grated
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 3.69 ml cumin
- 907.18 g jumbo shrimp, 10-12 count
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Devein and peel shrimp, leaving the tails intact.Put shrimp into a bowl.
- Chop garlic, grate onion, put into small pan.
- Add butter, and melt at low heat.
- Add chili powder and cumin. Stir until well blended. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Pour butter mixture over the shrimp. Marinate the shrimp in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Add the lemon juice to the bowl, and stir the shrimp.
- Skewer the shrimp 5-6 to a skewer. (Note: I use metal skewers so that I don't have to go to the hassle of soaking wooden ones.). Keep remaining butter/lemon mixture for brushing.
- Grill the skewers 2-3 minutes per side, Brush lemon/butter mixture over shrimp while it's on the grill.
- Serve while the shrimp is still hot.