I looked over all the posted "Shrimps on the Barbie" recipes posted, and didn't find any that were quite what I wanted to do. Therefore, I created my own easy take on the concept.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Devein and peel shrimp, leaving the tails intact.Put shrimp into a bowl.
- 2Chop garlic, grate onion, put into small pan.
- 3Add butter, and melt at low heat.
- 4Add chili powder and cumin. Stir until well blended. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- 5Pour butter mixture over the shrimp. Marinate the shrimp in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- 6Add the lemon juice to the bowl, and stir the shrimp.
- 7Skewer the shrimp 5-6 to a skewer. (Note: I use metal skewers so that I don't have to go to the hassle of soaking wooden ones.). Keep remaining butter/lemon mixture for brushing.
- 8Grill the skewers 2-3 minutes per side, Brush lemon/butter mixture over shrimp while it's on the grill.
- 9Serve while the shrimp is still hot.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimps on the Barbie (Ala Mike)
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.3
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 408.0 mg
- Sodium 1694.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 31.9 g