Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Cheesey hash browns stuffed with shrimp and topped with basil pesto. This unique shrimp and potato entree will delight the whole family. It also makes a great light lunch or appetizer.
- Mix the potatoes and cheese.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in large oil or on griddle, to medium heat.
- Spread potato mixture in small circles (about 2 tablespoons per circle, spreading to about 2 inches round), in skillet, and place two shrimp in a single layer in center of each.
- Spread another 2 tablespoons potato mixture on top of each. Cook until golden and crispy on bottom, then turn and cook until golden and crisp on second side, and shrimp is just cooked through.
- Transfer to drain; keep warm. Repeat until all are cooked (should have 16 rounds).
- Serve 4 per person, with pesto.