Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and Easy.
- 6 ounces mafalda noodles (or other pasta)
- 12 ounces fresh medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 cups prewashed Baby Spinach
- finely shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, rinse shrimp; pat dry. For sauce in a large skillet cook garlic in hot oil over med high heat for 15 seconds.
- Add shrimp. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Remove shrimp. Combine chicken broth, cornstarch, and basil. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the spinach. Cook 1-2 minutes more, or until wilted.
- Return the shrimp to skillet; stir to combine.
- Toss shrimp mixture and pasta together.
- Pass Parmesan cheese and pepper.
Made this last night for a quick and easy dinner...and it was that and delicious! I used angel hair pasta (that is what we had) and added one small shallot that I sauteed with the garlic and added a little white wine. I did use the red pepper flakes because we like a little zing in our food. Definately one I will make again. Made for Bargain Basement Tag game December 2010.