Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This sandwich has it all, crunchy Ranch seasoned shrimp, creamy sauces, and vibrant greens. A twist on a New Orleans classic, you'll bring the French Quarter to friends and family when you serve this po'boy.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined (tails removed, 50-70 ct per lb)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cups canola oil, for frying in large skillet, should be 2 inches deep
- 0.25 (6 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packagefresh arugula
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 0.5 (2/3 ounce) package fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- Mix mayonnaise and chives until well combined, refrigerate.
- Mix chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, and horseradish until well combined, refrigerate.
- Roll spinach and arugula into bundles and slice into strips. Toss spinach & arugula strips to combine.
- In deep skillet, heat 2 inches canola oil to 360 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg with 1 tsp water.
- Mix flour and Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Mix in shallow dish until well combined.
- Place panko bread crumbs into 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Dredge shrimp in seasoned flour, shake off excess, dip into beaten egg and water mixture, roll in panko bread crumbs, and fry in small batches until lightly browned. Place on paper towels to drain & keep warm.
- Heat broiler to high; slice French loaf in half lengthwise and scoop out 1/3 of soft insides of bread on both halves. Place loaf halves, cut side up, beneath broiler until lightly brown; remove from broiler.
- Spread inside of one loaf half with Cocktail Sauce; spread inside of other loaf half with Chive Mayonnaise.
- Place fried shrimp on top of cocktail sauce, overlapping slightly.
- Place arugula/spinach combination on top of shrimp.
- Top with other loaf half, slice po’boy into 4 equal pieces and serve.