This is one recipe I NEVER want to lose! Prepared on Eyewitness News Midday by Dave Trombetta of the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. so it's definitely OK to post & share. This is one of the most delicious Shrimp recipes. I love it because you get plenty of broth to sop up with your bread, and it's SO flavorful. Definitely Cajun, so not for people who don't like spicy food. Enjoy & please post reviews! Cooking time may vary, based on type of rice you choose to serve, so cooking time does not include rice cooking time. Preparation time assumes you have shrimp that has been peeled and deveined for you. Cooks very quickly! I made this recently and doubled it, but I found that the flavor was diluted. If anyone makes this and is able to successfully double/triple the recipe with the same amount of flavor, pls post in your comment/review. I personally would like to have MORE broth than what this makes just like you get at the restaurant. It is spicy!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (frozen is okay)
- 1 fresh baguette
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- lemon wedge (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BROTH
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces clam juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- To prepare the broth:.
- Sauté pepper, Cajun seasoning, and garlic in butter for approximately 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn down to simmer and leave on stove until ready to serve.
- Shrimp preparation:.
- Melt butter in pan and add shrimp, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic, and cook to medium rare.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Serve in large bowl over rice with baguette and lemon wedges.
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! This is a definate keeper!! I NEVER want to lose this recipe! Yummy and spicy and just plain GOOD EATS!! Thank you so much for sharing this one!! I can't wait to make it again!! 3 of us ate a WHOLE loaf of French bread just soppin' up the goodness!!
This is ridiculously tasty! It's one of our favourite meals!
This recipe is so similar the one from Bubba Gump's. It is a great recipe. My only comment is that you just have to keep watching the garlic when you are sauteing it in the butter with the pepper and Cajun seasoning. Also I reduced the amount of clam juice just a little and substituted it with water just because of personal preference.