Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
My family and friends just love this simple, yet elegant entree. I have been making it for years, and it never fails to impress! The rosemary skewers are so fragrant on the grill, and give the shrimp a wonderful flavor! I have a huge hedge of rosemary in my yard and select the mature, wood sticks and remove the leaves, except the tops. ENJOY this simple dish...........
- 1 lb thin sliced italian prosciutto
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, jumbo size,peeled and deveined
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 2⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 12 skewers (I use fresh mature rosemary twings or sticks, stripped of leaves except tops)
- Peel and devein jumbo shrimp.
- Brush dijon mustard evenly on shrimp.
- Wrap one big basil leaf around shrimp.
- Wrap 1/2 slice of prosciutto over basil.
- Thread shrimp onto cleaned rosemary skewer (I like to leave the leaves on the top for effect and flavor) Heat grill to medium-hot and place skewers on grill and cook about 3 minutes per side, or when when shrimp is pink.
- Serve over bead of rice or cous cous.
We had this as an appetizer last night. I used the rosemary twigs as the skewers. Great presentation. I really liked the prosciutto with the shrimp. I will make this again. Thanks!
Wonderful! This dish was a huge hit last night. I never cook and needed something simple. This was so easy to prepare and the flavours are amazing!