Recipe by tweetyfan
My family and friends just love this simple, yet elegant entree. I have been making it for years, and it never fails to impress! The rosemary skewers are so fragrant on the grill, and give the shrimp a wonderful flavor! I have a huge hedge of rosemary in my yard and select the mature, wood sticks and remove the leaves, except the tops. ENJOY this simple dish...........
Top Review by susie cooks
We had this as an appetizer last night. I used the rosemary twigs as the skewers. Great presentation. I really liked the prosciutto with the shrimp. I will make this again. Thanks!
- 1 lb thin sliced italian prosciutto
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, jumbo size,peeled and deveined
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 2⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 12 skewers (I use fresh mature rosemary twings or sticks, stripped of leaves except tops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein jumbo shrimp.
- Brush dijon mustard evenly on shrimp.
- Wrap one big basil leaf around shrimp.
- Wrap 1/2 slice of prosciutto over basil.
- Thread shrimp onto cleaned rosemary skewer (I like to leave the leaves on the top for effect and flavor) Heat grill to medium-hot and place skewers on grill and cook about 3 minutes per side, or when when shrimp is pink.
- Serve over bead of rice or cous cous.