Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Spanish Tapa. Very simple and tasty!
Make and share this Shrimp Wrapped in Ham recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained,rinsed,chopped
- 1 large fresh lemon rind, of finely grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 16 slices thin prosciutto
- 16 raw jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined,tails intact
- extra virgin olive oil, extra
- Dressing: Finely chop the prepared tomato flesh and put it, the onion, parsley, capers and lemon rind in a bowl.
- Mix gently.
- Combine the oil and vinegar and add the other ingredients.
- Set aside until required.
- Shrimp: Wrap a slice of ham around each shrimp and rub with a little of the extra oil.
- Place the shrimp in a heatproof dish large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven 325f/160f for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and spoon the dressing over.
- Serve at once, or let cool to room temperature.
- To peel the tomatoes, remove the core and cut a small cross in the top of each one.
- Put them in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 30 seconds.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice water.
- Peel the skin off, then cut in half and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon.