Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe source: an old WW cookbook (Slim Ways with Pasta) -- serve in a bowl of chicken broth seasoned with soy sauce or solo. About 3 points/serving 1 serving is 5 won-tons.
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
- 2 egg whites
- 2 scallions, white parts only, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 20 wonton skins
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- To prepare filling, chop shrimp and place in medium bowl. Stir in 1 egg white, scallions, salt, pepper, scallions, ginger and garlic.
- To assemble wontons: place wonton skins on work surface and then place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of each skin; brush edges with remaining egg white and fold diagonally to form a triangle. Press edges to seal (if desired join the two bottom edges, one over the other, sealing with egg white or leave s triangles).
- In a pot of boiling water cook wontons for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl and sprinkle with soy sauce (or add to chicken broth, seasoned with soy sauce for won ton soup).
I made these for DS and DH(I'm allergic) and they ate them all up! Can't really ask for anything else :) Made for the Hot Pink Panthers, ZWT9.
I didn't really follow the recipe as written, so I'll leave off with the stars. Used Chives in place of shallot and added spinach that needed using. Chucked all the filling ingredients in a blender then prepared the wontons. I am terrible at making wontons so just went with an easy shape. They were delicious. Made for ZWT 9 for the Tasty Testers
Your wonton soup was really great! Everybody loved it and it was really delicious.
I had a bit longer, because I've prepared the skins myself.
I used an asian chicken broth concentrate for the soup and I added some drops of sesam oil.
Thanks a lot for sharing this recipe!