Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delightful combination of crispy wonton shell, creamy seafood filling and a zesty dip. This dish will quickly become a new family favorite. Times are estimated. Recipe courtesy Stonyfield Farms.
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp (16-20 pieces)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- peanut oil (for deep frying)
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves (mashed to paste with 1/2 teaspoon of salt)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 fresh red chilies or 1 green chili peppers (2-inches in length, seeded and minced, wear gloves and adjust to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- *WONTONS* In food processor mix garlic, ginger, lime juice and zest.
- Mix in cream cheese, yogurt and shrimp.
- In a separate bowl, combine rice, scallion, cilantro and crushed red pepper.
- Fold shrimp mixture into rice mixture.
- Lay wonton wrapper on dry counter top. Put a teaspoon of mixture in the center of wonton wrapper. Dab edges with water. Fold opposite corners to meet making a triangle. Then bring together two corners of the triangle at the bottom.
- Fry in hot peanut oil, (at 375°) until wontons are light brown. Drain on paper towel.
- * DIPPING SAUCE * Whisk together ingredients.