Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are the most delicious appetizers, and they are quite simple to prepare, but don't wait for a special occasion to have these, they are great for a weekend snack. This recipe makes 24 Wonton cups, I would double the recipe, as these will go fast!
Top Review by Margeaux S.
I must be the odd one out here. My wontons came out beautiful. The cream cheese mixture came out perfect with just the right amount for each cup. I added one shrimp on each and in the oven they went. Excited, the timer went off! As I pulled them from the oven, I reveled in amazement of how beautiful and perfect they all looked. I plated them and couldn't wait to try!! I popped one in my mouth (it's a huge bite, lol) and. ................ Wa wa waaaa, no flavor. So disappointing. I realized then that there is only garlic and scallions in the recipe. I seasoned the tops with a sprinkle of kosher salt and that just made them taste salty. Then I tried old bay on top. Maybe it's better mixed in because that just tasted weird. I think the mozzarella masks the creaminess and deliciousness of the cream cheese. I do love crab rangoons ALOT so I did think that these were going to taste like that but with shrimp so maybe I had the wrong expectations. 2 stars because they looked beautiful. Sorry, I really wanted to love this recipe.
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 10 ounces shelled deveined and cooked medium shrimp
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray mini-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- With a a pastry brush, brush one side of each wonton wrapper with melted butter.
- Press wonton buttered side up into muffin cup; bake 8 minutes, or until edges turn a light golden brown.
- Remove the pan from oven.
- Meanwhile, reserve 24 shrimp.
- Finely chop remaining shrimp.
- Combine the cream cheese, garlic, Worcestershire sauce in a bowl; blend well.
- Stir in chopped shrimp, green onions, carrot and Mozarella cheese.
- Using a small scoop, fill each wonton cup with a rounded scoop of cream cheese mixture; top with reserved shrimp.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until wontons are golden brown, and the filling is bubbly around the edges.