Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken broth, canned
- 4 cups rice, hot and cooked
- In a bowl mix shrimp, garlic, onion, chestnuts and mushrooms.
- In a skillet in hot oil add shrimp mixture.
- Cook stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink and tender (about 3 minutes).
- In a bowl mix cornstarch and sherry.
- Stir until all is dissolved.
- Stir in sugar, salt, soy sauce and chicken broth.
- Pour mixture over shrimp.
- Cook, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Serve over rice.