Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a version of a weight watchers recipe.
Make and share this Shrimp With Vegetables and Rotini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked whole wheat rotini
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- In large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the onoins and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, peppers, zuchini, broth, oregano, and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, until the shrimp turn pink, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the rotini, basil, and tomatoes; cook stirring as needed, until heated through 2-3 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkled with cheese.