Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 6 -8 button mushrooms
- feta cheese, crumbles (optional)
- rosemary sprig, optional garnish
- lemon slice, optional garnish
- In a bowl whisk together first 8 ingredients (lemon juice - red pepper flakes); measure out 2 tablespoons juice mixture and reserve.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon juice mixture, toss.
- Thread shrimp onto 2 skewers.
- Thread vegetables onto 3 skewers.
- Oil grill grate or spray with Pam. Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill vegetables in a covered grill over direct heat (10-15 minutes), turning to brown evenly and brushing with the lemon juice mixture.
- Grill shrimp in a covered grill over direct heat (2-5 minutes) or until shrimp turn pink, turning and brushing with juice mixture.
- Remove vegetables and shrimp from skewers and place in a large mixing bowl; drizzle with reserved 2 tablespoons of the juice mixture.
- Serve over rice pilaf and sprinkle with feta and garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon slices, if desired.
The lemon marinade is outstanding! The shrimp cook extremely quickly. The feta was not necessary, will omit next time to save calories. Great recipe!