Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light magazine
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 kosher salt
- 1 cup ice cube
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup coarsely chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked vermicelli (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil
- Combine water and 1/2 cup salt in a large bowl, stirring until salt dissolves.
- Pour salt mixture into a large zip top plastic bag.
- Add ice and shrimp; seal.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from bag; discard brine.
- Peel shrimp.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic; sauté 15 seconds.
- Add shrimp, and sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine; cook 1 minute, scarp pan to loosen brown bits.
- Add tomato, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Remove from heat; serve over pasta.
- Sprinkle with basil.
This was excellent, I used only 2 cloves of garlic because my family isn't a huge fan of it, but they loved it. Thanks for sharing
Excellent dish, my husband loved it too. I added the zest of 1/2 a lemon and a pinch of hot pepper flakes for some extra flavor. Will definitely make again!!