Recipe by Chef Kate
This simple main course can be ready in about 20 minutes.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
This is absolutely fabulous! Wonderful blend of flavors. I used a 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained and cut back on the basil, other than that I made as written. This will be saved in my seafood recipes and made often. Thanks for posting such a quick delicious meal . Made for July's Tag Game ~ Aceitunas ~ Olives.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled shrimp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (water or vegetable stock may be substituted)
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook 2 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through and no longer translucent in the center. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Add the tomato, wine and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes, until the tomato is softened and the liquid thickens. Stir in the olives and parsley; cook 1 minute, and stir in the shrimp and basil. Remove from heat.