Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to prepare and delicious with readily available ingredients...Shrimp cooked in a tomato and jalapeno sauce and topped with feta cheese. Serve it all on it's own with crusty bread or over pasta or with rice.
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the chopped garlic in the olive oil until golden. Add green onion and jalapeno peppers; saute about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the chopped tomatoes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir in the parsley. Reduce heat.
- In a medium saute pan, toss the shrimp with the olive oil. Cook over medium heat until shrimp become pink. Season with salt and pepper and mix in the tomato sauce.
- To serve, crumble the feta cheese over the shrimp.