Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Real Simple, August 2005.
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small head bibb lettuce
- Fill a large pot with 8 cups cold water; add half the lemon juice, the bay leaf, and 2 teaspoons of the salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and cook until bright pink and opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining lemon juice, the horseradish, and the oil; season with the remaining salt and the pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and toss.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Divide the shrimp and lettuce among 4 plates and spoon the Tomato-Horseradish Salsa on top.