Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens Oct. 2006 Love the bang in this recipe. If you don't have saffron or don't care to afford it....LOL. Use same amounts of turmeric.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron threads or 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Duke's or Hellmann's)
- 8 shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 small shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 lemon zest
- 1 small baguette or 1 small pita bread
- In a small bowl combine 1/8 tsp saffron threads or turmeric with mayo.
- set aside to marry.
- In a skillet saute garlic and shallot in canola oil just before browning.
- Add shrimp and cook until just turning pink.
- Serve with Saffron/Turmeric Aioli and small baguette rounds or pita.
Outstanding! Took me more like 8-10 mins by the time I got things together on the counter and peeled the shrimp but I can live with that, lol. The recipe is nothing short of scrumptious, I had two servings (4 shrimp) for a quick dinner last evening. The saffron really elevates the dish in my opinion but I might try 50-50 saffron and turmeric for a truly rich golden color. I've fallen in love with this recipe and there will,indeed, be a next time in the not too distant future. Made for Spring 2013 Pick a Chef.