Recipe by ace7455 #2
From Better Homes and Gardens Oct. 2006 Love the bang in this recipe. If you don't have saffron or don't care to afford it....LOL. Use same amounts of turmeric.
Top Review by Annacia
Outstanding! Took me more like 8-10 mins by the time I got things together on the counter and peeled the shrimp but I can live with that, lol. The recipe is nothing short of scrumptious, I had two servings (4 shrimp) for a quick dinner last evening. The saffron really elevates the dish in my opinion but I might try 50-50 saffron and turmeric for a truly rich golden color. I've fallen in love with this recipe and there will,indeed, be a next time in the not too distant future. Made for Spring 2013 Pick a Chef.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron threads or 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Duke's or Hellmann's)
- 8 shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 small shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 lemon zest
- 1 small baguette or 1 small pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine 1/8 tsp saffron threads or turmeric with mayo.
- set aside to marry.
- In a skillet saute garlic and shallot in canola oil just before browning.
- Add shrimp and cook until just turning pink.
- Serve with Saffron/Turmeric Aioli and small baguette rounds or pita.