Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another quick stir-fry from Chinese Cookery.
- 2⁄3 lb shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- Shell and devein shrimp.
- Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag.
- Add shrimp.
- Mix well.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a wok 30 seconds over high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic until golden, 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp.
- Stir-fry about 30 seconds until shrimp are pink.
- Remove from wok with a slotted spoon, draining well over wok.
- Add salt and snow peas to oil in wok.
- Stir-fry until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cooked shrimp.
- Stir-fry to coat shrimp with sauce.
- Serve hot.
Not a bad recipe at all, for my tastes though it needed twice the garlic, and I will double the fresh ginger next time in the marinade as well...
So easy and so tasty. Did not change a thing. Thank you for sharing.
*Reviewed during ZWT4* Tasty and quick recipe to make. You just cant go wrong with shrimp and snowpeas. This recipe was really much quicker to make than it appeared at first glance.Photo also to be posted. Go Team Gastronomic Gauchos!