Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A flavorful and lightly spicy shrimp dish that goes well with grilled polenta and a crisp salad.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
For the Smoky Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely minced chipotle chiles
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Slit the shrimp in half lengthwise and mix with the garlic; refrigerate until cooking time.
- Mix together sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat; add shrimp and cook until they start turning pink, 1-1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and stir until shrimp is glazed and sauce thickens, about 30 seconds.
- Garnish with cilantro and sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Serve hot.
Great shrimp. Do be careful with the chipotle chillies. Mine were very spicy. Think I will cut back on them a little next time. Didn't have the cheese so left it out. Very quick and easy.
Liked this very much, the sauce was excllent and had a mildly spiced and smoked flavor which went well with the prawns and did not over power them. The cheese was the only ingredient I will leave out the next time.