1/1 Photo of Shrimp With Saffron Orzo
Please don't omit the saffron. I know it's expensive, but it makes a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On high heat, bring broth to a boil.
- 2Reduce to low and simmer and add saffron.
- 3Return to boil and add orzo. Cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
- 4Drain orzo and add 4 tablespoons oil, salt, pepper, juice of half a lemon and parsley. Mix and set aside.
- 5Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, and remaining lemon juice.
- 6Heat remaining oil in saucepan.
- 7Add shrimp and cook until thoroughly pink about 4 minutes total.
- 8Mix shrimp with orzo.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Saffron Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.7
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 1329.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 28.8 g