Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. You can make the sauce up to three days in advance and refrigerate. To save time, you can use bottled roasted red bell peppers (4 whole) instead of roasting your own. Prepare the shrimp the day of your function.
- 4 large red bell peppers (about 2 pounds or you can use bottled roasted red bell peppers)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs large shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler if using fresh red bell peppers. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel peppers. Place bell peppers, sour cream and next 6 ingredients (sour cream through garlic) in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Place bell pepper mixture in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; peel and devein. Cover and chill shrimp. Serve shrimp with sauce.