- 1 (8 ounce) package vermicelli
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 lbs cooked peeled large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil.
- Keep pasta warm.
- Process red peppers and next 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour mixture into large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes stirring often, until thoroughly heated.
- Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with basil.