Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe in Southern Living. It is fast and elegant.
Make and share this Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil.
- Keep pasta warm.
- Process red peppers and next 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour mixture into large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes stirring often, until thoroughly heated.
- Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with basil.
This is great! My kids love it too. My husband is allergic to chicken so I substituted the chicken broth with Cream of Shrimp soup and it was still great!
I made half a recipe and was just right for two. I think I would prefer fresh cooked shrimp rather than frozen but thawed shrimp. I served it with french bread, butter and parmesan cheese that had been broiled for a 30 sec or so, which was great to get the remaining sauce.