We enjoyed this simple low fat meal. If you are following WW flex plan this is only 3 points/serving. Recipe source: WW magazine (July 2008)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 4 ounces rice sticks
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, trimmed and cut in half diagnolly
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a small cup combine dressing ingredients (vinegar - sesame oil), whisking until smooth.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook noodles according to package directions (my package didn't have cooking directions, so I cooked them for 5 minutes), with a slotted spoon transfer noodles to a colander and drain (reserving cooking water in pot). Rinse under cold running water; drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Return cooking water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook until opaque (3-5 minutes). Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Combine shrimp, dressing and the remaining ingredients with the noodles; toss to combine.
- This can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
I will be adding this to my WW cookbook. I did misread the recipe and this ended up being a hot noodle dish but still tasty. Made for ZWT 6.
DH really loved this ~ for me, it was good, but needed just a bit of something hot in it ... red pepper flakes or some chilies. I'll keep that in mind next time. Went together very quickly as I had everything prepared and ready to throw together. I think I'll also increase the dressing ~ it does get absorbed by the noodles. Thanks for posting ~ made and enjoyed for ZWT 6 - ASIA & the ZWT 6 Asian Diabetic Forum Challenge!
This was very tasty, I drizzled a little extra sesame oil over my bowl of noodles!! I used celery, and a yellow pepper, carrot and broccoli, forgot to add the cilantro until after the photo was taken!! I loved the crunchy vegetables and shrimp, I sprinkled some chopped peanuts over top. I will make this again!