Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from our local paper "The Messenger" from the Food Fair Section.
- 2 lbs medium size shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cover shrimp with water and add cayenne pepper and lemon.
- Boil; cook until just firm and opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Drain; and put shrimp into ice water, about 3 minutes.
- Drain; peel and devein shrimp.
- I like to rinse the meat after I devein it.
- I also like the looks of the tail left on so I don't remove this when I peel the shrimp.
- Chill in an airtight container.
- To make Remoulade Sauce, mix dry ingredients.
- Stir in ketchup, vinegar and horseradish.
- Mix in mayonnaise and oil.
- Fold in onion, celery and parsley.
- Store in airtight container and chill.
- Let shrimp and sauce return to room temperature before serving.