Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sauteed shrimp with with pearl couscous. The smple tomato and white-wine sauce adds spark.
Make and share this Shrimp With Pearls recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup israeli couscous (pearl couscous)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap pea, strings removed, then halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 5 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small tomatoes, finely choped
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- Cook couscous in well-salted boiling water, uncovered until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in sugar snap peas 3 minutes before couscous is done. Drain and transfer to a bowl, then stir in 1/2 Tbsp butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- While couscous and sugar snap peas cook, toss shrimp with 1/8 tsp each of salt and peper. Heat remaining Tbsp butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides. Saute shrimp, turning once, until just cooked through, abut 3 minutes total. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add wine, tomato, and sugar to skillet and boil until tomato starts to fall apart, about 4 minutes. Return shrimp to skillet and stir in taragon.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve shrimp and pan sauce on top of pearl couscous.