1/1 Photo of Shrimp With Parsley-Garlic Butter
This comes from the Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom cookbook. The recipe didn't state regular or unsalted butter, so I used regular and found it too salty, but my husband loved it. So, if you love salty dishes, I suggest regular butter, but if you prefer less salt in your dishes, use unsalted butter. Butter can be prepared in advance, it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and in the freezer for 1 month. Also, recipe calls for raw shrimp, but I used flash-frozen, pre-cooked & de-shelled shrimp and had no problems. I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Prepare parsley-garlic butter: mash together with a wooden spoon or potato masher, the butter, parsley leaves, garlic, lemon zest, salt, & pepper.
- 22. Preheat the broiler (grill). Remove legs from shrimp. With a sharp paring knife, make an incision 1/4 inch (6 mm) deep all the way along the curved back of each shrimp up the tail. Don't cut all the way through the shrimp; cut just enough to open it or butterfly it. Lift any dark vein with the tip of the knife and pull out, and press down on the opened shrimp to flatten it without seperating the halves. Rinse the shrimp under cold water and pat dry.
- 33. Arrange the butterflied shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan (you may need to do this in batches).
- 44. Place 1-2 tsp of the parsley-garlic butter (depending on the size of the shrimp) in the center of each shrimp. Slide the pan under the broiler and broil (grill) until the shrimp turn pink and are just cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- 55. Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter or individual plates, pour any drippings from the pan over the shrimp, and serve with plenty of napkins and a plate for the shells.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Parsley-Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.4
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 272.0 mg
- Sodium 1903.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g