Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/2 cup. Per serving: 424 calories, 7.6 g fat, 29.2 g protein, 57.1 g carb, 3.8 g fiber, 142 g cholesterol.
Top Review by msjenjenp
Deelicious! I accidentally overcooked my orzo a little bit -- not used to this pasta, but it's now my new favorite. I should have cooked it for only 8 minutes, but usually I cook pasta a minute or two past the recommendation on the package. The shrimp were perfectly done. It's so good. Thanks! I am adding this to my cookbook.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup crumbed feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes through a sieve into a bowl, reserving tomatoes and 1/2 cup tomato liquid.
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine; cook 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes with 1/2 cup liquid, 1 1/2 tablespoon parsley, capers, and next 4 ingredients; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in shrimp; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked orzo; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spoon mixture into an 11x7 inch casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and remaining parsley evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.