1/3 Photos of Shrimp With Orange and Ginger
This recipe is from Le Gordon Bleu Quick and Easy book. I have made it several times and its very tasty. It is good to serve over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the ginger and grate it in a bowl.
- 2Finely chop the garlic and add it to the ginger with the crushed chillies, salt and pepper and sesame oil.
- 3Add the shrimp cover and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile thinly slice the red pepper.
- 5Slice the scallions on the diagonal keeping the white and green separate.
- 6Peel and segment the oranges, catching the juice in a bowl.
- 7There should be 3 or 4 tbsp of juice.
- 8Heat a wok or skillet over moderately high heat unil hot.
- 9Add the shrimp and stir fry for a few minutes until pink all over.
- 10Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 11Heat the sunflower in the pan, then add the red pepper and white parts of the scallions and stir fry until soft.
- 12Mix in the orange segments and juice, then return the shrimp and any juices to the pan and stir until mixed and heated through.
- 13Serve with the green parts of the scallions over rice.
- 145 minutes prep time, 10 to 15 marinating and 8 minutes cooking time.
Browse Our Top No-Shell Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All No-Shell Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Orange and Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 939.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh ground pepper