Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are simply elegant served on a buffet at a cocktail or holiday party, along with some simple crudites, a baked Brie, toast points, my Roasted Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus, some spiced nuts, and mixed Mediterranean olives. Voila! You have a spread your guests will appreciate greatly.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 lbs medium shrimp, cooked, shelled (tails left on)
- thin lemon slice, for garnish
- fresh dill sprig, for garnish
- Whisk mustard and egg yolk together in mixing bowl. Whisk in oil by drops until thickened and emulsified, then whisk in remaining oil in this, steady stream. Stir in vinegar, lemon juice, zest, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Coat shrimp with vinaigrette in large shallow dish. Refrigerate covered at least 1 hour.
- To serve, thread each shrimp on bamboo skewer. Arrange skewers on platter and garnish with lemon slices and dill sprigs.
Made this as part of my finger food counter for a monthly group I host, & for the winter holidays this was a very special treat! I could easily have doubled the recipe, as these were gone in no time at all! [Tagged & made as a recipe review reward in the PRMR Holiday Special]