Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my Food and Wine’s One Dish Meals cookbook. It says to pair this with a sauvignon blanc. Scallops may be used in place of the shrimp.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth and 1 teaspoon of the salt to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous.
- Cover and remove from the heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Add the tomato, peas, mint, 4 tablespoons of the oil, and the lemon juice, to the couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over moderately high heat.
- Add the shrimp. Cook, turning, until just done, about 3 minutes.
- Serve the couscous salad topped with the shrimp.
Amazing ! An excellent mix of textures and flavours and in a form that is light and refreshing. I added all the mint and for me it was 100 percent perfect.. DH's loved this but said he prefered slightly less mint. I used more peas and no olive oil in the couscous because we are trying to be healthier and there was already some in the shrimp, and the balance, for us at least was excellent. The chicken stock brings extra flavour to the couscous and I used homemade stock so the sodium could be greatly reduced. Please see my rating system; 5 excellent stars for a recipe that should produce such a clean plate after eating that you'll be wondering if you forgot and had already done the dishes. Thanks!