Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use this wonderful salad to accompany grilled chicken breast. It's got lots of different flavors and it's special enough for company.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, prepared and cut into 3 pieces
- 1 large roma tomato, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped very fine
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- Cook orzo with bay leaf.
- Drain and remove leaf.
- Sautee shrimp in 1 TBSP olive oil.
- Toss all ingredients and serve at any temperature. We especially like this served warm.