Recipe by glitter
These are delicious. Had them at a wedding and they were served on sweet potato latkes. Absolutely wonderful. You can also serve them with any fruit salad or cole slaw containing coconut.
- 12 large shrimp
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups macadamia nuts, lightly toasted and ground coarsely
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Butterfly the shrimp by deeply cutting down fro the top of the head to the tail leaving on the tail.
- You want to remove the vein.
- Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper.
- Combine the nuts and flour and coat the shrimp well in the mixture.
- Heat the butter and oil on a low flame in a skillet only until they are melted together, then bring the flame up to medium.
- Sear the shrimp, turning only once.
- You want them to be a golden brown on each side.
- Be careful not to let them get too brown.
- The nuts burn easily.
- This will go very quickly.